FAQFrequently Articulated Queries
The World of SuperTight
All righty, Supertight Brand. You love me and my light; you want me to get my sh*t tight. Who are you and what do you do here?
I’ve already done a lot of business development and/or brand-marketing work on my business. Maybe I’ve participated in programs from the likes of Tony Robbins, Marie Forleo, or Gary Vaynerchuk. Perhaps I’ve joined networking clubs such as 3 To 5, or taken classes from the SBA or SCORE. Could be that I’ve already drained some of my 401K to pay for high level marketing systems or “Can’t Miss” Facebook Ads. What am I going to get at SuperTight Brand that is so special or different?
Think of it like this: this entrepreneurial education is the ground level of what it takes to build a business – a business, which, by definition, aims to be profitable. The rest of your business is a house – the floor, the walls, the windows, the roof of your structure. The only problem is your business house might be missing one essential feature, the real key to success: The Foundation. The foundation of ANY successful business is what is often called a UVP (Unique Value Proposition) and the best way for a new business offer to build a rock solid UVP is to specialize. Unless you have highly unusual resources (huge budget, huge platform, big name, big friends, giant engaged network), specialization is the speediest, easiest way to build a brand story that naturally compels instead of having to sell. It’s the fast track to real momentum, expanding impact, and lasting legacy as a visionary (pick your favorite!) guru/go-to-expert/thought leader/influencer/sparkle rainbow unicorn.
Since you’re so specialized and all, who am I? Do you know who I am? Do you know what I’ve been through to get here? I’m guessing from your tone that Supertight Brand is not for every small business owner or aspiring Fast Company-style entrepreneur.
Our ideal client/student is an extremely ambitious, highly intelligent, irrationally kind intentional entrepreneur with a service-based offer in either personal or business transformation: a healer, a coach, a teacher, a therapist, or a next-level business expert serving those with such offers (wealth planner, graphic artist, social media influencer). 66% chance she’s female, 33% male, and then there’s the 1% that might go either way. This person has mastery-level expertise (not joking about those 10,000 hours) and a lifelong passion for service. This is not somebody who took a coaching certification class last Tuesday and is now totally ready to blow the doors off the personal development industry. She or he most likely has done graduate level work in her field (whether or not this work was at a traditional institution of learning) and she/he has a former professional life in the corporate world or academia – having escaped from that world because she/he is one of those people who needs freedom even more than she/he needs security.
You’ve said elsewhere you can’t afford to take anyone but the future success stories. How can you tell who’s going to succeed?
Most of all, she/he has crossed The Rubicon and cannot go back -whatever it takes, whatever it takes, whatever it takes. Late night dreams of world-changing impact haunt her/his sleep, and that voice, that voice. It just won’t shut up. It just won’t go away.
Oh, and obviously if she/he’s comfortable with us, there’s probably a dark sense of humor and a certain joie de vivre lurking beneath the surface, plus a notable lack of general entitlement. Our Supertight Entrepreneur lives for the mission, but knows how dangerous it is to take one’s personal mission too seriously. She/he is not an “I, I, I” but a “We.” In other words, not an amateur, not a narcissist. Again, we just can’t afford it.
Where Do I Belong?
Workshop, Course, Consulting - What’s the Best Choice for Me? How do I get the most out of my dollar and my participation?
We teach the simple 3-Step method to Supertight Brand Concept Specialization in our free workshop, “10 Minutes to Tight.” Give us any entrepreneurial offer in the world to put in our hot seat, and we’ll demonstrate how to get it sleeker, tighter, sexier in just one sixth of an hour. The subtitle for this workshop is “The Gateway Drug to Next Level Business Success” because that’s what happens when you get just a taste of what specialization does to your business story. We host that live workshop every two weeks, it’s free, and it’s a great way to get the world of what we do here and see if you want to drink the Kool-Aide.
If you’re thinking, “Okay, got that, but I’ve got a deadline. My bottom line needs to improve NOW,” then let us help you get the distinctions of the course vs. 1:1 personal consulting.
The Brand Promise Architecture Course
- It’s cheaper: $2,100 vs. $3,499 – 4,599. Which might be all the pro you need right now.
- You get the support/guidance of your classmates: We create an atmosphere of truth and trust that gives you qualified feedback faster than you can get from the marketplace and more reliable than you got from that one friend who has never had a super successful business.
- If you need to miss a class it’s not a problem. All classes are recorded, and all recordings are available in perpetuity for you to watch when you return.
- You don’t graduate until you can articulate a specialized brand offer that thrills all of us: me, you, AND your classmates. We can tell whether or not it really thrills them or if they’re just being polite, because if they are truly excited they will share it out in the world.
- It’s a group setting, so you don’t get as much individualized attention or personal time with Ellen. If you’ve got what seems like a fairly complex, unusual, or first generation offer, if you are moving in an extremely competitive market, you might need that highly specific guidance and it would be better to bite the bullet.
- We discuss the exact nature of your services and your names/taglines in the course, but we don’t spend as much focused time on each student’s detailed articulation as we do in 1:1 coaching. However, it should also be noted that your class’s Facebook group will be happy to lend a hand in that endeavour. And since we aim for a certain kind of RFS (Really F***ing Smart) in our class composition, this is more AP-level help than you will find on the wider world of the interweb.
- The next course starts and ends when it starts and ends. These courses are currently live, so you have to go at the group pace. If you’re in a hurry for any reason, you may do better with the schedule we can create for you as an individual.
The Brand Promise Discovery Package
1:1 Personal Consulting
- You got me all to yourself. Again, if you’ve got a complex offer, or an offer in an extremely competitive market, you may need this level of highly individualized attention to create a compelling offer that meets your aims and pays for your dreams.
- There are two additional steps we cover in detail in the 1:1 personal consulting package:
- Designing your services to distinguish between basic and premium, to shape the offer so it’s the best possible value for your client and the most fun/rewarding for you to deliver.
- Working on names/phrases for your offers, taglines, URLs, even your business name. We discuss the importance of “heavy lifting” names in class and give examples, but most of the “name choosing” happens in the Facebook Group with the class at large.
- Personal consulting is twice as expensive. Which again, may be the major con that counts right now.
- You could miss out on the camaraderie a special group of highly gifted and qualified classmates can provide. Entrepreneurship, particularly of the solopreneur variety, can be lonesome, so it’s fun to be with others who really, really get it.
Still not sure what’s right for you? Contact Ellen for a free personal consultation to discuss your unique needs, wants, and deepest desires. She promises to get all “divine love source” on your uncertainty.
I still don’t know exactly what my business offer is, so I am thinking I should wait and get branding once I have figured all of that out on my own.
Still not sure if you’re “tight” enough for Supertight? This would be a good time to schedule a free personal consultation to find out if you’re ready. If you really need more time out on your own to noodle, or we see that you’ve got some other training/healing to address before you take on the world, we’ll tell you. Again, we simply can’t afford you if you’re not ready.